Main Outcome Measures
List of Abbreviations:BRFSS (Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System), CI (confidence interval), OR (odds ratio), PU (pressure ulcer), SCI (spinal cord injury), SES (socioeconomic status)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Secondary conditions following spinal cord injury in a population-based sample.Spinal Cord. 1998; 36: 45-50
- Major costs associated with pressure sores.J Wound Care. 1998; 7: 286-290
- Risk of mortality after spinal cord injury: an 8-year prospective study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 90: 1708-1715
- Pressure ulcer prevalence and barriers to treatment after spinal cord injury: comparisons of 4 groups based on race-ethnicity.NeuroRehabil. 2009; 24: 57-66
- Pressure ulcer prevalence in people with spinal cord injury: age-period-duration effects.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 86: 1208-1213
- The relationship of pressure ulcers, race, and socioeconomic conditions after spinal cord injury.J Spinal Cord Med. 2010; 33: 387-395
- The relationship between sponsorship and rehabilitation outcome following spinal cord injury.Paraplegia. 1989; 27: 470-479
- Determining differences in post discharge outcomes among catastrophically and noncatastrophically sponsored outpatients with spinal cord injury.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 73: 89-97
- The effects of insurance benefits coverage on functional and psychosocial outcomes after spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 407-414
- Secondary conditions in spinal cord injury: results from a prospective survey.Disabil Rehabil. 2007; 29: 1229-1237
- A structural analysis of health outcomes after spinal cord injury.J Spinal Cord Med. 2010; 33: 22-32
- Report of the task force on the implications for darkly pigmented intact skin in the prediction and prevention of pressure ulcers.Adv Wound Care. 1995; 8: 34-35
- A prospective study of health and risk of mortality after spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1482-1491
- 1996 Behavioral Risk Factor Questionnaire.Accessed February 21, 2012)
- Applied logistic regression.2nd ed. John Wiley and Sons, New York2000
- Demographic and socioeconomic factors associated with disparity in wheelchair customizability among people with traumatic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1859-1864
- Reduction of sitting pressures with custom contoured cushions.J Rehabil Res Dev. 1990; 27: 135-140
- Pressure ulcers in veterans with spinal cord injury: a retrospective study.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2003; 40: 433-442
- Black/white differences in pressure ulcer incidence in nursing home residents.J Amer Geri Soc. 2004; 52: 1293-1298
- The Braden Scale for pressure ulcer risk: evaluating the predictive validity in Black and Latino/Hispanic elders.Appl Nurs Res. 1999; 12: 60-68
- Pressure ulcer risk in spinal cord injury: predictors of ulcer status over 3 years.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2000; 81: 465-471
Supported by the Department of Education, National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research (grant nos. H133G050165 , H133B090005 , and H133A080064 ), and the National Institutes of Health (grant no. 1R01 NS 48117 ). However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education or National Institutes of Health, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit on the authors or on any organization with which the authors are associated.
Reprints are not available from the author.
In-press corrected proof published online on Feb 15, 2012, at www.archives-pmr.org.