Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Travell and Simons’ myofascial pain and dysfunction: the trigger point manual. Vol 1. Upper half of body.Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1999
- A study of 96 subjects examined for both fibromyalgia and myofascial pain.J Musculoskeletal Pain. 1995; 13: 121-125
- The pathogenesis of muscle pain.Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2003; 7: 419-425
- Myofascial pain syndromes and their evaluation.Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2007; 21: 427-445
- Lidocaine injection versus dry needling to myofascial trigger point.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 73: 256-263
- An in vivo micro-analytical technique for measuring the local biochemical milieu of human skeletal muscle.J Appl Physiol. 2005; 99: 1977-1984
- In vivo microdialysis sampling: theory and applications.Biomed Chromatogr. 1999; 13: 317-332
- Analysis of recombinant cytokines in human body fluids by immunoaffinity capillary electrophoresis.Electrophoresis. 1998; 19: 2991-2996
- Analysis of single-cell cultures by immunoaffinity capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection.Luminescence. 2001; 16: 145-152
- Determination of in situ tissue neuropeptides by capillary immunoelectrophoresis.Anal Chim Acta. 1998; 372: 209-218
- Algometry in diagnosis of musculoskeletal pain and evaluation of treatment outcome: an update.J Musculoskeletal Pain. 1998; 6: 5-32
- Review of enigmatic MTrPs as a common cause of enigmatic musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction.J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2004; 14: 95-107
- Pain due to tissue acidosis: a mechanism for inflammatory and ischemic myalgia?.Neurosci Lett. 1996; 208: 191-194
- Unilateral intramuscular injections of acidic saline produce a bilateral, long-lasting hyperalgesia.Muscle Nerve. 2001; 24: 37-46
- The localized twitch responses in responsive bands of rabbit skeletal muscle are related to the reflexes at spinal cord level.J Musculoskeletal Pain. 1995; 3: 15-33
- An expansion of Simons’ integrated hypothesis of trigger point formation.Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2004; 8: 468-475
- Retrograde signaling in the nervous system: dorsal root reflexes.in: Bradshaw R.A. Dennis E.A. Handbook of cell signaling. Vol 3. Academic/Elsevier Pr, San Diego2003: 607-614
- Trigger point dry needling.J Man Manipulative Ther. 2006; 14: E70-E87
- Intramuscular injection of tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces muscle hyperalgesia in rats.Pain. 2003; 104: 579-588
- Excitatory and modulatory effects of inflammatory cytokines and neurotrophins on mechanosensitive group IV muscle afferents in the rat.Pain. 2005; 114: 168-176
- Hypernociceptive role of cytokines and chemokines: targets for analgesic drug development?.Pharmacol Ther. 2006; 112: 116-138
Supported by the Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Clinical Center and Office of the Director, NIH.
A commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has conferred or will confer a financial benefit upon the author or 1 or more of the authors. Shah, Danoff, Phillips, and Gerber have filed a patent application for the device used in this study.