Main Outcome Measures:
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Efficacy of various forms of conservative treatments in low back pain.Neuro Orthop. 1988; 6: 28-35
- Manipulation in treatment of low-back pain.Manual Med. 1979; 1: 8-10
- Treatment of pelvic joint dysfunction in primary care.Scand J Prim Care. 1992; 10: 310-315
- Evidence for an extension/mobilization category in acute low back syndrome [see comments].Phys Ther. 1993; 73: 216-228
- Relative effectiveness of an extension program and a combined program of manipulation and flexion and extension exercises in patients with acute low back syndrome.Phys Ther. 1994; 74: 1093-1100
- The effectiveness of manual therapy, physiotherapy, and treatment by the general practitioner for nonspecific back and neck complaints. A randomized clinical trial.Spine. 1992; 17 (Comment in: Spine 1993;18:169–70): 28-35
- Manipulative therapy versus education programs in chronic low back pain.Spine. 1995; 20: 948-955
- Dysfunction of the sacroiliac joint and its treatment.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1979; 1: 23-35
- Principles of manual medicine. Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia1996
- Cavitation sounds during spinal manipulative treatments.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1993; 16: 523-526
- The therapeutic benefit of the audible release associated with spinal manipulative therapy. A critical review of the literature.Aust Chiropract Osteopath. 1998; 7: 80-85
- The audible release associated with joint manipulation.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1995; 18: 155-163
- Cracking in the metacarpophalangeal joint.J Anat. 1947; 81: 165-173
- Manipulation and mobilization of the third metacarpophalangeal joint. A quantitative radiographic and range of motion study.Manual Med. 1988; 3: 135-140
- ‘Cracking joints’. A bioengineering study of cavitation in the metacarpophalangeal joint.Ann Rheumat Dis. 1971; 30: 348-358
- Forces required to cause cavitation during spinal manipulation of the thoracic spine.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 1993; 8: 210-214
- What is the maximum number of levels needed in pain intensity measurement?.Pain. 1994; 58: 387-392
- A comparison of a modified Oswestry Disability Questionnaire and the Quebec Back Pain Disability Scale.Phys Ther. 2001; 81: 776-788
- The lumbar spine. Spinal Publications, Waikanae (N Z)1989
- Objective clinical evaluation of physical impairment in chronic low back pain.Spine. 1992; 17: 617-628
- A clinical prediction rule for classifying patients who demonstrate short-term improvement with spinal manipulation.Spine. 2002; 27: 2835-2843
- Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale.Pain. 2002; 94: 149-158
- Axial rotation in the lumbar spine and gapping of the zygapophyseal joints.Spine. 1990; 15: 295-299
- Butterworth-Heinemann, Boston2002: 115 Bourdillon’s spinal manipulation.
☆Supported in part by a grant from the Foundation for Physical Therapy.